I had one when I was a teenger and this incident was a lot more painful than I remember; a 2mm shard of minerals sure can wreak a lot of havoc. I did not go into shock, but I did hyperventilate which made my arms go numb, and I spent some time with no idea what was going on. And I laid in the fetal position. Shivering. There are no words to express how painful it was.
I do not recommend kidney stones.
I must give special thanks to my new best friend, Jason, for taking me to the ER and all the other stuff that goes along with that responsibility. It would have sucked to try to do all that by myself.
The best part was when I picked up Nico after she'd been at Jason's for two days, hearing his roommate say "thanks for letting us party with your dog."